MEETING NOTES FOR PEOPLE FOR PEACE, JUSTICE, AND HEALING
March 26, 2011
People for Peace, Justice and Healing met at Beyond the Bridge at 10:00 a.m. March 26, 2011. Present for check-in: Sallie, Mark, Sheila, and Sol.
1. DISPLAY AD FOR RACHEL CORRIE EVENT (Sallie)
Discussion of PJH's display ad that comes with our contribution to the Apr. 8-9 weekend conference organized by the Rachel Corrie Foundation for Peace & Justice with Alice Walker as keynote presenter.
2. LEONARD PELTIER DINNER (Sallie)
Ongoing discussion of how we could contribute to the May 21 Leonard Peltier dinner, given conflicting commitments.
3. A TASTE OF AFGHANISTAN, April 2 (Sallie and Mark)
Report on organization and planning.
4. Mar. 17 UFPPC supporting UNSC 1973 (Mark)
5. MAY 3 EVENT (Sallie)
Publicity and organizing are underway for the May 3 event about a bicultural bilingual school in Be'er Sheva, to be held at Temple Beth El, 5975 S. 12th St., Tacoma, on May 3, 2011.
1 MONDAY, MARCH 28 — 9:00 a.m. SENTENCING for all five Disarm Now Plowshares co-defendants begins at the U.S. District (Union Station) Courthouse, Tacoma. 8:00 a.m. Vigil in front of the Union Station Courthouse in support of Disarm Now Plowshares. Come out and support them!
2. DIGGING DEEPER will discuss J. David Gillespie's Politics at the Periphery: Third Parties in Two-Party America (Univ. of South Carolina Press, 1993) at the Mandolin Café at 7:00 p.m. on Mon., Mar. 28, 2011.