MEETING NOTES FOR PEOPLE FOR PEACE, JUSTICE, AND HEALING
People for Peace, Justice, and Healing
September 5, 2009
People for Peace, Justice and healing met September 5, 2009, at 10:00 a.m. at Associated Ministries. Present for check-in were: Nancy, Susan, Mark, Colleen, and Sallie.
1. South Sound Interfaith Camp debrief (Sallie)
Video and photos of an excellent camp last month at Camp Seymour.
2. Fundraising for PJH (All).
Discussion of possible fundraisers for PJH. A dance? Something Ref. 71-related? Consensus: Spring solstice. Possible additional events also discussed. To be continued.
3. Free speech at the Thursday farmer's market (Nancy).
Continuation of discussion of concerns about free speech at the Thursday farmer's market in downtown Tacoma.
1. Arlington NW, "A Memorial to the Fallen," will be held again on the Ruston Way Tacoma waterfront needs help taking down markers at 5:00 p.m. on Sun., Sept. 6., in Marine/Cummins Park. This labor of love is being sponsored this weekend by Veterans for Peace, Tacoma Chapter #134.
2. Digging Deeper books for September 2009 can be reviewed here. Monday's book: Chris Hedges, Empire of Illusion: The End of Literacy and the Triumph of Spectacle (Nation Books, July 2009).